Oil, diesel or other hydrocarbon spills into waterways are the stuff nightmares are made of. (And at least one disaster film – you can Google it.) Fortunately, there’s a solution. Fully scalable, these highly effective, hydrophobic, oil-absorbing booms can be clipped together, delivering floating perimeter defence and clean up. The polypropylene packed into the tough outer mesh allows even the most viscous oil to be drawn right into the boom - rather than just coating the outside. Ideal for tackling spills in waterways or as a precaution in industries including mining and quarrying.
The booms will stay afloat for long periods of time even when fully saturated - which is fairly clever.
NOTE: We recommend four booms per 10 metres.
• Durable mesh outer for reliability even in open water
• Sustained absorption performance
• Easy to deploy and retrieve
• Rope and clip system allows multiple connection extensions
• Controls oils, fuel and solvents - not water
• Absorbs up to 30L oil per boom
• Colour: white
• Dimensions: 130mm x 3m